These Keto Vanilla Blueberry Waffles are an easy, light keto waffle recipe that will become a Sunday morning breakfast staple or even special breakfast-for-dinner nights!
Once I learned to make keto waffles, my breakfast game changed completely. I was amazed at how easy it was to turn a typically carb-heavy breakfast into a keto breakfast just by switching out a few ingredients.
As I continue on this keto journey, I’m realizing how many recipes can be substituted with almond flour and alternative sweeteners to make my recipes keto.
Anyway, back to these Keto Vanilla Blueberry Waffles. These are absolutely delicious. It turns out vanilla and blueberry are the perfect contrasting flavors. The vanilla sweetens the tart blueberries while the blueberries keep it all from becoming too sweet.
Plus, the blueberry topping is basically eating fruit for breakfast, right? 😉
This keto waffle recipe comes together in just 15 minutes, which makes it ideal for breakfast with a big family or group of friends.
How To Make Keto Vanilla Blueberry Waffles:
Step 1: Begin by preheating your waffle iron
Step 2: Mix together all ingredients, except those for the blueberry waffle topping, in a bowl, combining all well.
Step 3: Pour 1/2 cup of batter into the waffle iron
Step 4: Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on your preferred doneness.
Step 5: While waffles are cooking, start making the blueberry sauce by melting butter in a pan. Add in the blueberries.
Step 6: After 2 minutes, begin mashing the blueberries with a fork.
Step 7: Add in your favorite keto sweetener and let simmer for an additional minute or two, stirring often.
Step 8: Remove blueberry sauce from heat and let sit while waffles finish cooking.
Step 9: Serve keto waffles warm with blueberry sauce.
What variations can I make on this Keto Blueberry Waffle recipe?
If blueberries aren’t your thing, you can easily substitute them with other berries or fruit. Just be sure to double-check that you’re using fruit that falls within the keto guideline. You can use this keto waffle base for nearly any waffle recipe.
Can I freeze these keto waffles?
I personally think they have a better texture fresh but you may freeze them for easy breakfasts in the future. I like to warm them up in the toaster oven. Freeze the blueberry sauce separately.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- ● 2 tbsp Melted butter unsalted
- ● 3 tbsp Swerve confectioners sugar substitute
- ● 1 ½ c Almond flour
- ● 2 tsp Baking powder
- ● 2 Eggs
- ● ½ c Vanilla almond milk unsweetened
- ● ¼ c Heavy whipping cream
- ● 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- For the Sauce
For the Sauce
- ● 120 grams of fresh blueberries
- ● 1 tbsp Keto-friendly sweetener of choice
- ● 4 tbsp Butter unsalted
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the 2 tbsp melted butter, 3 tbsp Swerve confectioners sugar substitute, almond flour, eggs, almond milk, heavy whipping cream, baking powder and vanilla extract. Beat until well combined.
- Add ½ cup of the batter to the heated waffle iron, and cook for 3-5 minutes or until you reach your desired level of doneness.
- While the waffles are cooking, place 4 tbsp of unsalted butter in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add in 120 grams of fresh blueberries. After a minute or two, begin to mash the blueberries with the back of the tines of a fork.
- Mix in 1 tbsp of a keto-friendly sweetener of choice, and cook down for another 1-2 minutes, stirring often. Remove the sauce from the heat, and let sit.
- One serving is a waffle with a fourth of the blueberry sauce mixture.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3-5 minutes per waffle
Net Carbs: 8 net carbs per serving with sauce
Don’t miss these other keto recipes:
- Keto Nacho Stuffed Chicken Breasts – Keto Nacho Stuffed Chicken Breasts are a flavorful and cheesy family dinner favorite!
- Keto Chicken Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers – Take your favorite appetizer to a whole new level – you can even turn them into a light meal!
- Keto Chicken Parmesan – This Keto Chicken Parmesan turns your favorite Italian dish into a delicious keto dinner. No more missing dinner out at the Italian restaurant!