Low Carb Pie? This rich buttery treat will be a real delight! Your whole family will be thanking you for this Keto Pecan Pie whether it is a special occasion or not. This pecan pie recipe is a must-have on your keto diet dessert menu. This pecan pie is so delicious your guests will believe it is low carb.
Pecan Pie is a signature dessert of the Southern United States, but it will be a hit no matter what part of the world you come from. It will be loved by kids and adults alike. This Keto Pecan Pie has a crunchy start but finishes with a buttery sweet smooth texture infused with flavor and will surely please even the pickiest of palates. You can’t go wrong with making this pie one of your holiday go-to favorites.
If you are looking for a keto pie with added health benefits, this pie is right up your alley. The pecans are known to be heart-healthy – reducing LDL cholesterol, boosts your immunity, and have anti-inflammatory benefits along with being just yummy.
How To Make Keto Pecan Pie:
Step One: The crust comes first! Begin by adding all the ingredients for the crust into the mixing bowl minus the butter and mix them well.
Step Two: Add the butter to the mixture in the mixing bowl and combine well with a mixer – you can also use a food processor on the pulse setting until well combined.
Step Three: Wrap the dough mixture in plastic wrap tightly and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
Step Four: Remove the chilled dough and press it flat and evenly over the bottom and all the way up the sides of a greased pie pan. At the top of the pan, pinch the dough together evenly all the way around the top of the pan. Remember to use a fork and poke holes evenly on the bottom of the pan.
Step Five: Prebake the crust for 10 minutes and remove it from the oven and allow it to cool.
Step Six: The filling comes next! Add all pie ingredients, except pecans, to a mixing bowl and mix them well.
Step Seven: To the bottom of the cooled crust, add 1 ½ cups of chopped pecans and distribute them evenly.
Step Eight: Pour evenly the pie filling mixture over the pecans in the crust.
Step Nine: Place the pie in the over at and bake for 50-60 minutes (until the filling is set). Note: you can cover the top edges of the crust if it gets too dark in color with aluminum foil.
Step Ten: Remove the pie from oven and let cool to room temperature before placing it in the refrigerator to chill. Serve chilled – the crust will be delicate use caution when cutting pieces for the best presentation on your serving plates.
Can I Freeze This Keto Pecan Pie?
This pecan pie will freeze quite well as a whole pie. You can store it in the freezer up to one month frozen. Just remember to take it out and thaw completely in the refrigerator before serving.
Are There Any Variations or Additions I Can Add to This Pecan Pie?
I love to mix in a little bit of cinnamon or ground ginger to give it a slightly alter flavor. Don’t add more than a teaspoon as you do not want to alter the flavor profile that much. Another nice addition is orange zest. This will give it a little different zip. I love to top this pie with keto whipped cream.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
For the Crust:
- ● ½ c Coconut flour
- ● 1 ⅓ c Almond flour
- ● ½ tsp Baking powder
- ● ½ tsp Xanthan gum
- ● ¼ tsp Salt
- ● 13 tbsp Very cold butter
For the Filling:
- ● ½ c. Keto Pecan Maple Syrup (Made by Choc Zero)
- ● 2 Eggs
- ● ½ c Erythritol
- ● 2 tbsp Butter unsalted
- ● 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- ● 1 ½ c Chopped pecans
- ● 2 tbsp Brandy
- ● 1 tbsp Heavy whipping cream
- ● Pinch of salt
- Start by creating your crust. Place all of the ingredients for the crust except the butter into a mixing bowl, and combine well.
- Cut the cold butter into the other ingredients, and beat with your mixer until well combined. You can alternatively use a food processor and pulse until combined if you like.
- Empty the dough onto some plastic wrap, wrap tightly, and place in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Once chilled, remove the dough, and push it into a greased pie pan. You can mold the dough out flat all the way around the pie pan, and pinch together the crust at the top. Try to distribute the dough as evenly as possible.
- Once the dough is lining the pie pan, poke holes in the bottom with a fork. Pre-bake the crust for 10 minutes, remove and let cool.
- To create the filling, mix all of the ingredients except the pecans in a mixing bowl. Combine well.
- Line the bottom of the cooled crust with 1 ½ cups of chopped pecans.
- Pour the filling mixture over the pecans, and level it out.
- Bake for 50 minutes or an hour until the filling has set. If the crust begins to get too brown, you can cover it with tin foil and continue to bake.
- Let the pie cool, and serve chilled. This crust is quite flaky, so if you are worried about presentation, use caution when cutting pieces and transferring them to plates.
Makes 14 Slices