Add fruit sauce to any meal and it will feel more like you are cheating on any diet! This sweet and tangy cherry wine sauce makes even the simplest meat taste like a homerun. This succulent cherry sauce gives the chicken a new flavor palette that is out of this world. The kids will think mom has gone mad and served them dessert for dinner!
This elegant meal is economical when made with low-cost chicken thighs, so you can serve it for a dinner party of 10 or just your family of 4 and not break the budget. It also keeps you on track with your keto diet being low carb and the Pan Seared Chicken Thighs with just melt in your mouth.
This main dish will be such a crowd-pleaser with its robust full flavor, it can be simply paired with just veggies or a salad for dinner made easy. Whether you are a busy mom running kids around after school or just rather spend time doing other things, this Keto Pan-Seared Chicken Thighs with Cherry Wine Sauce is a must-have in your recipe box.
How to Make Keto Pan Seared Chicken Thighs with Cherry Wine Sauce:
Step One: Using seasoned salt, pepper and basil, season your chicken thighs….warning too much season salt will make your chicken very salty and taste may overwhelm the cherry sauce.
Step Two: Place your skillet on medium-high heat and Place 1 TBSP of olive oil
Step Three: Place your chicken thighs to your heated skillet and sear both sides until they are brown and crispy reaching an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees.
Step Four: Keeping the chicken warm, remove it from the skillet and place it aside.
Step Five: Add 1 Cup of Red Cooking wine to the skillet to deglaze the pan by scraping the bottom to pan to incorporate all the chicken bits and flavors.
Step Six: Stir in 2 TBSP of sugar until well dissolved in the liquid and then stir in ½ cup of chicken broth.
Step Seven: Melt 3 TBSP of butter into the liquid mixture and stir until incorporated.
Step Eight: Once the butter is fully incorporated, Place 2 Cups of sliced dark cherries to the liquid and bring it to a boil. Turning the heat down to a simmer, reduce the liquid until it thickens.
Step Nine: Place the seared chicken thighs on a place and top with cherry wine sauce and serve.
Can I Substitute Other Cuts of Chicken in This Keto Chicken Recipe?
You can use boneless skinless chicken breasts in the recipe too. It makes it a bit lighter to use chicken breasts.
Can I Use Frozen Cherries instead of Fresh?
Yes, you can use frozen cherries, however, you would want to thaw them and not cook them quite as long in the sauce. You may want to bring the liquid mixture to boil before adding them and then simmer.
What Side Dishes Can I Serve Keto Chicken Thighs With?
Steamed broccoli and cauliflower are my favorites, but a nice side salad is good too. You don’t need anything too robust because this dish is so decadent.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- ● 6 Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ● Seasoned salt
- ● Basil
- ● Pepper
- ● 1 c. Red cooking wine
- ● 2 tbsp. Sugar
- ● ½ c. Chicken broth
- ● 3 tbsp. Butter
- ● 2 c. Fresh dark cherries pitted and sliced into fourths.
- ● Salt to taste
- ● 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- Season the chicken thighs with seasoned salt, pepper and basil to your liking. Use a light hand with seasoned salt, as too much can make your food very salty. A light sprinkling will do.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the skillet is heated, add your chicken thighs, and cook until they are well seared on both sides, and they reach an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside to keep warm.
- In the same skillet that you cooked the chicken in, add 1 cup of red cooking wine, and scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen any browned bits of chicken.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of sugar, and stir until it is dissolved.
- Pour in ½ cup of chicken broth, and stir to combine.
- Pace 3 tablespoons of butter into the skillet, and stir until it is dissolved.
- Add 2 cups of sliced dark cherries to the skillet and bring the sauce to a low boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve the cherry wine sauce atop the seared chicken thighs.