These 2 Ingredient Keto Noodles are the answer to all of your keto pasta dreams! Just top with your favorite keto pasta sauce and enjoy it!
Most keto pasta recipes call for some type of veggie-based noodle, like spiralized zucchini, spaghetti squash or even shirataki mushrooms. Each of those options is delicious but there are sometimes you just want something that has more of a…noodle consistency.
Who knew that by combining two ingredients, that I guarantee you use in the kitchen frequently, you could make keto noodles!
Now, before we all get toooo excited, 2 Ingredient Keto Noodles don’t have the exact consistency of traditional pasta made with flour. They are made with cheese so, naturally, they have a cheesy texture and flavor. But of all the keto pasta options out there, they are the closest to traditional flour. Besides, once you add your favorite keto pasta sauce, you won’t even notice the flavor!
Though this is a simple recipe, it is one that takes some planning as the noodles must be refrigerated for several hours and it does take a bit of patience, at least the first few times you try it.
How To Make 2 Ingredient Keto Noodles:
Step 1. Melt mozzarella cheese at 30-second intervals.
Step 2. Once the cheese is completely melted, let sit for a minute or two.
Step 3. Add in egg yolk.
Step 4. Microwave mixture for another 30 seconds.
Step 5. Place mixture on parchment paper, with another piece on top. Use a rolling pin to evenly spread the mixture until it’s all about 1/4 inch thick.
Step 6. Cut dough into long, thin noodles.
Step 7. Refrigerate noodles for at least 4 hours, preferably longer.
Step 8. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
Step 9. Place the noodles in the water for 30 to 45 seconds. Take care to not leave them in too long or they’ll melt and fall apart.
Step 10. Rinse immediately with ice water to prevent further cooking and sticking.
Step 11. Serve with any of your favorite keto pasta sauces.
What variations can I make to this keto noodle recipe?
I think simpler is better in this case. However, there are various versions of this recipe that also include cream cheese and/or pizza spice. If you’d like to experiment, go for it!
Can you store keto noodles?
Keto pasta is hard to reheat because putting it in the microwave or heating it on the stove will cause it to melt. If you need to prepare these the day before, you can leave the noodles in the fridge for longer than 4 hours before boiling them.
What can I serve my Keto Noodles with?
Any keto pasta sauce of your choosing, whether it’s a simple marina or a keto alfredo sauce. You can even make up some keto garlic bread as a side!
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- ● 1 c. Shredded mozzarella cheese
- ● 1 Egg yolk
- Begin by placing a cup of shredded mozzarella cheese into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 45 seconds to 1 minute, depending on the wattage of your microwave. If the cheese is not completely melted after the initial time, microwave it at 30 second intervals until it is completely melted. Do not overcook the cheese.
- Stir the cheese well, and allow it to sit for a few minutes before adding the yolk.
- Once the yolk has been added, stir until it is well incorporated into the cheese.
- Melt the cheese in the microwave again for another 30 seconds.
- Place the cheese mixture on top of a piece of parchment or wax paper. Put another piece of parchment or wax paper on top of it, and use a rolling pin to flatten it into a layer that is about ¼ of an inch thick.
- Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to slice the cheese mixture into thin noodle strips.
- Place the strips on a rack, and place them into the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil on the stove. Place the noodles into the water, and allow them to cook for 15 seconds to 1 minute. Stir them to make sure they do not stick together. It will not take long for them to cook. If you notice them starting to fall apart, then they have been cooked too long.
- Strain the noodles, and pour ice water over them immediately to keep them from sticking to each other.
- Toss with your choice of low carb pasta sauces, and serve with freshly shredded parmesan.
Don’t Miss These Other Best Keto Recipes:
- Keto Bread – This Keto Bread, loaded with cheddar cheese, will become a staple in your keto diet.
- Keto Jalapeno Cloud Bread – For this Jalapeno Cloud Bread, we took a traditional keto cloud bread recipe and spiced it up with…you guessed, it jalapenos.
- Keto Low Carb Mug Bread – It will curb those cravings you have for traditional bread while keeping your carbs in check.