This flavorful Keto Italian Sausage Skillet is an easy, 20 minute one skillet dinner that’s packed with proteins and veggies. A great keto meal for busy weeknights and it even reheats well for lunch the next day!
Can you say full flavor mouth-watering keto meal? This Keto Italian Sausage Skillet Dinner is sure to please all sorts of taste buds. This quick, easy to make Italian Sausage Skillet is going to be a top choice for your family and healthy to boot. No better way to get your protein and your veggies in one meal!
I love skillet dishes because they’re just SO easy! They typically require little prep work in the kitchen and come together quickly. This keto Italian sausage dinner was ready in just over 20 minutes.
Another thing I love is the array of options you have with meals like this. While I’m providing you with a simple and standard keto skillet meal recipe, you can easily get creative and make this recipe your own. I like to make these meals when it’s time to clean out the fridge, as a way of using up whatever produce is about to go bad. See the questions below for some recommendations on other ingredients to add!
This is also an easy recipe for keto meal prep as it reheats well. I like to portion out the leftovers for my husband and me to take to lunch the next day or two.
The flavor profile in this meal is off the hook good and will make you think “comfort food”. That is usually not associated with Keto meals, however, “comfort food” has met its match in this one!
How To Make Keto Italian Sausage Skillet Meal:
Step One: Cut Italian sausage into bite-sized pieces.
Step Two: Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat
Step Three: Add Italian sausage to hot skillet and cook completely through, usually 8-10 minutes. If there is extra grease, pour it off.
Step Four: At the same time as Step Three, you’ll want to steam your broccoli. You can do this on the stovetop or microwave. Take care not to overcook it. You want it crisp and tender, not soggy
Step Five: Add broccoli to the skillet with the Italian sausage.
Step Six: Melt 2 tbsp of unsalted butter over sausage and broccoli.
Step Seven: Add in ½ tsp of Thyme and 1 tsp of Basil – Stir to coat the ingredients well
Step Eight: Add sliced cherry tomatoes to the skillet. Combine all ingredients well and simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
Step Nine: Top with salt and pepper to taste. I like to also garnish mine with parmesan cheese.
Are there other ingredients I can add to my Keto Italian Sausage Skillet?
Of course! There are so many additions you can make to this keto skillet meal. Green peppers and onions are always a hit and other options to add additional flavor to your Italian sausage skillet are mushrooms and zucchini. This meal is an easy way to get your daily fill of veggies!
Are there other types of Sausage I can use in this keto skillet meal?
Absolutely, you can substitute almost any type of sausage for Italian sausage in this keto dish. The most popular suggestions are pork hot sausage, turkey sausage, and ground beef sausage. You may want to alter your spice profile depending on the alternative what type of sausage you choose.
What Is The Best Way to Reheat This Keto Italian Sausage Meal?
You can always place the remains in a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes. This is my go-to option when enjoying it for lunch the next day. However, this dish may also be reheated in a skillet, just add 1-2 Tbsp of butter to the skillet and heat over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes.
What Should I Serve With This Italian Sausage Skillet?
This keto skillet dish is meant to be a complete meal, packed with protein and veggies. I find a big bowl of it is more than filling, though I never feel guilty about having a second helping. I sometimes like to enjoy a keto dessert, like this Keto Chocolate Roll Cake, after eating a dinner like this.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
This flavorful Keto Italian Sausage Skillet is an easy, 20 minute one skillet dinner that's packed with proteins and veggies. A great keto meal for busy weeknights and it even reheats well for lunch the next day!
- 2 lb. Italian sausage
- 24 Cherry tomatoes
- 4 c. Broccoli florets
- ½ tsp. Thyme
- 1 tsp. Basil
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Begin by cutting the Italian sausage into bite sized pieces.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, add in the Italian sausage, and cook for 8-10 minutes until completely cooked through.
- While the Italian sausage is cooking, lightly steam the broccoli on the stove top or in the microwave. You just want it to be crisp tender, so do not overcook.
- When the sausage has finished cooking, pour off some of the extra grease if necessary. Add the steamed broccoli into the skillet, and gently stir to combine.
- Add 2 tbsp of unsalted butter to the skillet, and allow it to melt over the meat and broccoli.
- Mix in ½ tsp of Thyme, and 1 tsp of Basil. Stir to coat the ingredients well.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and add them to the skillet. Mix them in well, and then simmer for another minute or two. Mix in salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the Italian sausage skillet with a garnish of parmesan cheese.
Amount Per Serving Calories 626Total Fat 48gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 35gCholesterol 97mgSodium 1264mgCarbohydrates 17gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 4gSugar 6gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 32g
Looking for keto recipes ideas? Take a look at some of our top chicken recipes:
- Keto BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders – These chicken tenders are incredible, and the combination of bacon and barbecue sauce is out of this world. You for sure need to try this recipe.
- Keto Chicken Alfredo Pizza – We are HUGE pizza lovers at our house. Just because we enjoy, low carb doesn’t mean we have to give it up. Try it and see how great it is.
- Keto Nacho Stuffed Chicken Breasts – This chicken is stuffed with all sorts of tasty ingredients. It’s bound to be your new go-to chicken dinner.
- Keto Chicken Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers – We love the combination of chicken with jalapeno peppers. It’s divine, and adding the bacon too takes it to the next level.