Packed with flavor, these Keto Garlic Roasted Chicken Thighs are going to become a go-to keto chicken recipe in your home!
Looking for ways to improve your health, then this Keto Garlic Roasted Chicken Thigh recipe is going to be a win for you! This is a full flavor, decadent keto chicken recipe that can not only help improve your family’s health by following keto diet protocols but also make you look like a culinary expert with your friends and family in just minutes.
As we know, the keto cooking trend has taken the world by storm and my family is no exception. My favorite thing about keto is that it still allows me to eat things that would be banned from most other “diets”, like chicken thighs (we all know they have waaay more flavor than skinless breasts!), and I never feel guilty for it.
If you’re looking for full-flavor recipes to try, this keto chicken thigh recipe is another delicious item to add to your recipe box. If you love garlic, you will LOVE this keto chicken thigh recipe. Don’t fret another minute over cooking healthy and eating healthy because this recipe is just what you need for your weekly meal planning and not a lot of prep or time needed.
The bonus? Your non-Keto friends will love it so much they’ll never realize it’s keto!
How to Make Keto Garlic Roasted Chicken Thighs:
This meal will make your family and friends think you slaved over the kitchen for hours but can be ready in a flash for busy working families. Just follow the 8 easy steps below:
First Step: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
Second Step: Turn stove to medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a skillet
Third Step: Add chicken thighs, skin side down, to hot skillet. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sear the chicken thighs on each side, approximately 3-4 minutes each. They should be browned. Remove from skillet.
Once the skillet is hot, add the chicken thighs skin side down, top with salt and pepper to taste. Sear the chicken thighs for 2-3 minutes on each side or until they are browned then remove them from the skillet
Fourth Step: Sauté garlic and chopped onion in the same skillet, after removing chicken, for 2-3 minutes or until onions are soft and brown.
Fifth Step: Stir 1 teaspoon of thyme with the garlic and onion, until fragrant. Add 1 cup of bone broth, then whisk in 3 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream.
Sixth Step: Add in 2/3 cup of parmesan cheese. You can use shredded or grated. Grated parmesan will allow the cheese to mix more easily with the sauce. Shredded parmesan should be added little by little, whisking quickly to combine.
Seventh Step: Return chicken thighs to the skillet. Put skillet in your preheated oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, until chicken thighs are cooked through
Eighth and Final Step: Spoon the sauce over top of the chicken thighs and serve topped with fresh parmesan or herbs.
Bon appetite! Now you can wow your family and friends with this fabulous meal in less than an hour. Simple but elegant to serve for any occasion. The sauce is just SO good!
Can you substitute thighs with other types of chicken in this keto chicken recipe?
Yes, you can substitute chicken breast with skin on for the thighs if you are more of a white meat lover. Choosing breast with the skin on instead of skinless will make for a more flavorful dish.
Can these Keto Garlic Parmesan Chicken Thighs be prepped ahead of time and baked later?
Yes, this recipe is perfect for the pre-cook and freeze options for later. You can stop at step six and add garlic roasted chicken and sauce together and store in refrigerator or freezer for later. Perfect keto meals anytime, even busy weeknights!
What can I serve with my keto chicken thighs?
A few of my favorite keto side dishes to serve with these Garlic Roasted Chicken Thighs are garlic butter mushrooms, herb-roasted cauliflower, or cheesy oven roaster broccoli. But for something a little more traditional you can make mashed cauliflower and you will swear it is mash potatoes or just plain steamed carrots.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Packed with flavor, these Keto Garlic Roasted Chicken Thighs with Parmesan Gravy are going to become a go-to keto chicken recipe in your home!
- 6 Bone in skin on chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Small onion chopped
- 6 Cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- 1 c. Bone broth
- ⅔ c. Shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp. Heavy whipping cream
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, add the chicken thighs skin side down, and top with salt and pepper to taste. Sear the chicken thighs for 2-3 minutes on each side until they are browned, and remove them from the skillet.
- In the same skillet, add the chopped onion and garlic cloves. Saute for 2-3 minutes until the onions have begun to soften and brown.
- Add 1 teaspoon of thyme, and stir until fragrant.
- Pour in 1 cup of bone broth.
- Whisk in 3 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream.
- Toss in ⅔ cup parmesan cheese. You can use shredded or grated. If using shredded, add just a little at a time, and whisk it quickly to combine it with the liquid. Using grated parmesan will allow the cheese to mix more easily with the sauce.
- Add the chicken thighs back to the skillet with the sauce. Place the skillet in the oven, and roast the chicken thighs for 15-20 minutes until they are cooked through.
- Spoon the sauce over top of the chicken thighs, and serve topped with fresh parmesan or herbs.
Amount Per Serving Calories 170Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 45mgSodium 352mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 10g
Looking for more tasty dinner options? Check out these recipes, and you will be so glad you did. Each one is perfect for a keto or low carb diet and tastes great too. Have a look:
- Keto Egg Foo Young – I am super excited for you to see and try this incredible dish. If you love egg foo young, then be sure to check it out. You could even serve this with the egg roll in a bowl too.
- Keto Lemon Herb Salmon Sheet Pan Meal – Sheet pan meals are perfect when you eat low carb (or anytime really). They give you an entire meal, and there is no need for side dishes. Win!
- Keto Italian Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf – Oh, you have never had meatloaf this amazing and decadent. Stuffing it with cheese takes it to a new level and will leave a lasting impression. You really need to taste it to understand how good it is.
- Keto Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche – The thing I love about quiche recipes is that you can pretty much eat them any time of day. Yum!