Are cinnamon bagels breakfast or dessert? With this keto bagel recipe, they can be both!
If you’ve been keto for a while, you’ve likely come across many recipes using the same dough as these Keto Cinnamon Bagels. This dough, with cheese, coconut or almond flour, and a few other ingredients is referred to as Fathead dough and is used in almost all keto recipes that require dough, from bagels to pizza.
One of the benefits of using this dough in the Keto Cinnamon Bagels is that it has a similar consistent to traditional bagels. Keto bagels are not quite as traditional bagels but they’re still pretty darn good…and guilt free!
For this Keto Cinnamon Bagels recipe, we just added a few extra ingredients to the basic dough recipe, including, obviously, cinnamon.
These keto bagels are fantastic just out of the oven, loaded with cream cheese or even dipped in butter with cinnamon. You can also store them in the fridge for up to 7 days or freeze them and defrost as needed for easy breakfasts (or dessert) any day!
How To Make Keto Cinnamon Bagels:
Begin by preheating your oven to 400 degrees.
In a microwave safe bowl, add the cream cheese and mozzarella. Melt them in the microwave for 20 second intervals until completely melted and combined
Add in all ingredients except for egg. Combine thoroughly, using your hands if necessary.
Mix in the egg.
Divide dough into 6 equal balls
Shape into bagel circles using your hand or using a donut or bagel mold.
Place on a well greased pan and bake for 10-15 minutes.
What variations can I make on these Keto Cinnamon Bagels?
If you don’t like cinnamon, you replace it with another flavor of your choice. As far as this particular recipe, you can always change up what you serve them with, whether that’s cream cheese, butter, or anything else.
What should I serve these keto bagels with?
I think keto bagels make a quick and easy breakfast themselves but you can also serve them up with all of your other breakfast favorites. Or even make a breakfast sandwich out of them, with egg, cheese and your favorite meat.
Can you freeze keto bagels?
Yes! These Keto Cinnamon Bagels freeze well and are easy to defrost. I like them warmed in the microwave. You can also store them in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Are cinnamon bagels breakfast or dessert? With this keto bagel recipe, they can be both! Keto bagels are not quite as traditional bagels but they're still pretty darn good...and guilt free!
- 1 c Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 oz Cream cheese
- 1 c Almond flour
- 1 ½ tsp Baking powder
- 3 tbsp Swerve confectioners sugar substitute
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 Egg
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, stir well, and heat at 20 second intervals until the cheeses are completely melted and combined.
- Add in the almond flour, Swerve sweetener, baking powder, vanilla extract and cinnamon powder. Stir until combined well. Sometimes this step is easier if you use your hand to mix the ingredients together.
- Mix in the egg and beat on high until combined well.
- Place a little water on your fingers,and separate the dough into 6 equal pieces. Form each piece of dough into a round bagel shape, and place on a well greased or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. You can also freeze the bagels in an airtight container and defrost as needed.
Net Carbs: 4 net carbs per serving
Are you looking for more low carb dessert inspiration? You have come to the right place, and we have some fantastic keto dessert recipes to share with you. Take a look at these tasty treats, and you’ll be excited to try them out:
- Keto Oreos – Just because you eat low carb doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy some homemade Oreos! They are incredible and taste great dipped in a cold glass of almond milk too.
- Keto Creamy Short Bread Fat Bombs – I have always loved shortbread cookies, so I wanted to make something incredible that also happened to be keto-friendly. These fat bombs are so amazing!
- Keto Double Chocolate Fudge Brownies – There is nothing more amazing than chocolate if you ask me. These chocolate fudge brownies are sure to rock your world.
- Mocha Chocolate Keto Fat Bombs – If you are looking to indulge in some fat bombs, these are perfect. They are filled with chocolate and coffee flavors in every bite.