Keto Chocolate Almond Fat Bombs are a keto-friendly, decadent and indulgent snack. Perfect for days you need to increase your fat intake or are craving a Hershey’s bar.
Fat bombs were something it took me a while to wrap my head around. If you’re new to keto, fat bombs are essentially a high fat snack, usually something sweet and/or cream cheese-based, that you eat to increase your daily fat intake.
Coming from any other diet, eating a fat bomb sounds counterproductive. Who eats fat to lose weight? Even though I understood the concept of keto and that fat is a good thing, the idea of eating something just to increase fat intake took a while to sink in.
Now fat bombs, like these Keto Almond Chocolate Fat Bombs, are an almost daily habit. I love them in the afternoon for a snack and pick-me-up.
Keto Almond Chocolate Fat Bombs can be thought of a bit like a Hershey’s Chocolate Almond Bar…but one that fits perfectly with the keto diet. Before starting my keto journey, I almost always grabbed a Hershey’s almond bar at the grocery store checkout…today, I skip that and enjoy an almond chocolate fat bomb instead.
These fat bombs are made in a mini muffin tin so they’re the perfect bite-size treat.
How To Make Keto Almond Chocolate Fat Bombs:
Step 1. Melt coconut oil and almond butter together over medium-low heat
Step 2. Add in your preferred keto-friendly powdered sweetener, adjusting amounts to your preference.
Step 3. Whisk in unsweetened cocoa powder.
Step 4. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
Step 5. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts.
Step 6. Pour mixture into measuring cup with a spout.
Step 7. Fill each cup in a greased mini muffin pan with the mixture.
Step 8. Place the tray in the freezer for 30 minutes. Remove, press an almond into the center of each cup.
Step 9. Return to the freezer for 3-4 hours.
Are fat bombs really a healthy part of a keto diet?
Believe it or not, fat bombs are a part of a healthy, balanced keto diet. As I mentioned, it’s something that was difficult for me to wrap my head around at first, that something as decadent as a chocolate fat bomb could be part of a healthy diet but it’s true. Keto is based on low carb, high fat and there’s some days you need to increase that fat intake, especially when other meals throughout the day are lean. These keto fat bombs are perfect for that extra boost.
What variations can I make to these Keto Chocolate Almond Fat Bombs?
For this specific fat bomb recipe, you can adjust the type and amount of sweetener used to your preference. If you’re not a fan of almonds, you could simply remove them from the recipe for a keto chocolate fat bomb. For fat bomb variations, there are hundreds – I like to keep a few of my favorites in the freezer at any time.
What’s the best way to store Chocolate Almond Fat Bombs?
Once frozen, you can remove the fat bombs from the muffin tray and place in a Ziploc bag or small bowl. Store in the freezer and just pop one out whenever you need that chocolate boost!
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- ● ½ c. Low sugar almond butter
- ● ½ c. Coconut oil
- ● 3 tbsp. Erythritol or your choice of Keto-friendly sweetener
- ● 3 tbsp. Unsweetened cocoa powder
- ● 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- ● ½ tsp. Almond extract
- ● 12 Almonds
- ● Mini muffin pan
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the coconut oil and almond butter.
- Add in the 3 tablespoons of Erythritol. You can choose to use another powdered keto-friendly sweetener if you choose, and you can adjust the amount to suit your tastes.
- Whisk in 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Once all of the ingredients are well combined, remove the pot from the heat, and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract.
- Stir in ½ teaspoon of almond extract.
- Pour the mixture into a measuring cup with a spout.
- Fill up the cups in a 12 count mini muffin pan that has been sprayed with olive oil or greased with butter. This should fill exactly 12 mini cups.
- Place the filled tray into the freezer for about 30 minutes. Remove the tray, and top each fat bomb with 1 almond. Press the almond down gently to help it set.
- Return the fat bombs to the freezer for an additional 3-4 hours. At that time, you can remove them, dump them out of the pan and store them in the freezer in a Ziploc bag.