If you are like me, you are always looking for ways to spice up your family menu with some variety. This Keto Chicken Thighs in Paprika Cream Sauce is a great recipe that is light and delicious and will keep you on your keto diet but make you feel like you are cheating. It will have your family saying, wow….my mom is a gourmet cook!
The skin and bone will provide added flavor to these chicken thighs, they will come out of the oven so moist and scrumptious. The natural chicken flavor will not be overwhelmed with too many added spices, it is such a simple but tasty combination.
I add spinach to these chicken thighs in paprika cream sauce to give us a little added nutrition, but it is also a perfect addition that doesn’t overwhelm or take away from the natural flavors in this recipe. There is a perfect combination of vegetables that provide you with natural flavor enhancement of the chicken but allow the chicken taste to come through and shine at the start of this recipe.
How To Make Keto Chicken Thighs in Paprika Cream Sauce:
Step One: Set your oven on 400 degrees and allow it to come to temperature.
Step Two: In a skillet, add 2 TBSP of Olive Oil over medium-high heat and allow it to come to temperature.
Step Three: Add the chicken thighs, skin side down, to the hot oil in the skillet and sprinkle with 1 tsp of paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
Step Four: Sear the chicken thighs approximately 3-4 minutes on each side or until the skin is a bit brown and crispy.
Step Five: Allowing the chicken to rest a bit, remove it from the skillet and set aside.
Step Six: Add to the skillet that you fried the chicken in, the chopped onion, the peppers, and 3 cloves of garlic. Cook the vegetables for several minutes until the get a bit soft then add the other teaspoon of paprika and mix well with vegetables.
Step Seven: Add ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream and ½ cup of chicken broth to the vegetable mixture and stir well.
Step Eight: Add the chicken thighs to the skillet and coat them well with the vegetable and cream sauce by using a spoon and topping them with the vegetable and sauces mixture.
Step Nine: Bake the chicken thighs in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked all the way through by placing the skillet with the chicken and sauce in the oven.
Step Ten: Remove the skillet from the oven, add 2 cups of baby spinach to the skillet, and stir. Continue to stir the mixture until the spinach is slightly wilted.
Step Eleven: Remove the chicken thighs and spoon sauce over top and serve!
Can I Use Other Cuts of Chicken with This Chicken in Paprika Sauce Recipe?
Yes, I love to switch up my cuts of chicken in this recipe to keep my family guessing. I like to use skin-on chicken breasts (bone-in or boneless either one), chicken legs (skin on), and chicken wings. I have used this same recipe with boneless skinless thighs and breasts. It is not quite as flavorful but good all the same.
Can I Store These Keto Chicken Thighs in The Freezer?
I love to make prepared meals that I can pull out of the freezer and thaw and pop in the microwave for a quick reheat and hearty meal in minutes. This recipe is perfect to portion and freezes for just that.
What Other Variations Can I Do for This Keto Chicken Recipe?
I love to add some other veggies to the sauce when baking this recipe. Some of my favorites to add is asparagus, celery, and even baby zucchini.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
This Keto Chicken Thighs in Paprika Cream Sauce is a great recipe that is light and delicious and will keep you on your keto diet but make you feel like you are cheating.
- 4 Bone in and Skin on Chicken Thighs
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- ½ Small onion
- 1 Yellow bell pepper chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic
- ¼ c. Heavy whipping cream
- ½ c. Chicken broth
- 2 c. Baby spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken thighs into the heated oil skin side down. Apply salt and pepper to taste to the chicken.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the paprika to the chicken thighs. Sear the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side to get it browned and the skin a bit crispy.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside, keeping warm.
- Add the chopped onion and peppers to the same skillet.
- Toss in the 3 cloves of garlic. Cook the onions, peppers and garlic for several minutes until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Sprinkle in the other teaspoon of paprika, stirring to combine well.
- Pour in ¼ c. heavy whipping cream.
- Mix in ½ c. chicken broth. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Place the chicken thighs back into the skillet, and spoon some of the sauce over top of them. Place the skillet into the oven for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Toss 2 cups of baby spinach into the skillet and stir to cook it down until the spinach is just wilted.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken thighs and serve with your favorite keto friendly side dish.