This Keto Chicken Parmesan turns your favorite Italian dish into a delicious keto dinner. No more missing dinner out at the Italian restaurant!
Before I became keto, Italian food was my favorite cuisine. If we’re being honest, it’s still my favorite cuisine, though nights out to the local Italian restaurants are now limited. After a little too long without a visit to my favorite local restaurant, I decided to take on a new challenge – keto Italian recipes. When you think Italian food, what pops into your head? Pasta? Spaghetti? Pizza? None of those things are particularly keto-friendly, though I have had some success creating keto pasta.
My personal favorite Italian recipe, though, is chicken parmesan. I love the gooey, cheesy texture, the mozzarella mixed with the red sauce, and, most of all, the breading. Which, of course, means my favorite part is not at all keto. There are some keto chicken parmesan recipes out there that just skip the breading completely, with just marinara sauce and cheese on a naked chicken breast but that wasn’t what I was going for with this keto chicken parmesan recipe.
Instead, I created a breading out of pork rinds and parmesan cheese. The result? An Italian keto recipe that I will be making over and over again. Cheesy, gooey delight without the carbs. An absolute keto win!
How To Make Keto Chicken Parmesan:
Step 1: Season chicken breasts with basil, salt, and pepper
Step 2: Beat one egg with heavy whipping cream
Step 3: Combine crushed pork rinds, parmesan cheese, and garlic powder on a plate
Step 4: Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat
Step 5: Dip chicken breasts into the egg mixture and then coat with pork rind mixture.
Step 6: Cook chicken breasts until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Step 7: Turn on the broiler function in your oven.
Step 8: Add marinara sauce over cooked chicken and top with mozzarella
Step 9: Place under broiler until cheese is bubbling
Step 10: Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve hot
How should I serve Keto Chicken Parmesan?
I typically serve this Italian keto recipe with a nice side salad. You could also serve with vegetables or over keto pasta.
Can I freeze Keto Chicken Parmesan?
Keto Chicken Parmesan is best when served fresh out of the oven. Leftovers can be reheated the next day in the oven but I would not recommend freezing this Italian keto recipe.
What variations can I make to this Keto Chicken Parmesan recipe?
I think simple is best when it comes to Keto Chicken Parmesan – sometimes the most basic recipes are the best ones. You could use this recipe to make an eggplant parmesan as well – you would just need to adjust cooking times.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- ● 4 Thin cut chicken breasts
- ● 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- ● 1 c. Crushed pork rind crumbs
- ● ¾ c. Parmesan cheese divided
- ● ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- ● 1 tsp. Basil
- ● Salt and pepper to taste
- ● ¼ c. Heavy whipping cream
- ● 1 Egg beaten
- ● 1 ½ c. Low carb marinara sauce
- ● 1 ½ c. Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Coat both sides of the thin cut chicken breasts with 1 tsp of basil, as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 1 beaten egg in a shallow bowl, and whisk in ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Put 1 cup of crushed pork rind crumbs on a plate. You can crush up the pork rind crumbs by placing them into a Ziploc bag, and using a rolling pin to break them up.
- Mix ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese and 1 tsp of garlic powder into the crushed pork rinds on the plate.
- Heat up 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip each chicken breast into the egg mixture, and then roll them in the crushed pork rind mixture to coat both sides.
- Place the coated chicken breasts into the heated oil in the skillet. Cook evenly on both sides until the internal temperature has reached at least 165 degrees.
- Turn the heat off to the burner, and heat the broiler function up on your oven.
- Pour 1 ½ cups of low carb marinara sauce over top of the cooked chicken in the skillet.
- Top each piece of chicken with the mozzarella cheese.
- Place the skillet into the oven under the broiler until the cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese on top of the chicken, and serve hot.
Don’t Miss These Other Best Keto Recipes:
- Keto Bread – This Keto Bread, loaded with cheddar cheese, will become a staple in your keto diet.
- Keto Jalapeno Cloud Bread – For this Jalapeno Cloud Bread, we took a traditional keto cloud bread recipe and spiced it up with…you guessed, it jalapenos.
- Keto Low Carb Mug Bread – It will curb those cravings you have for traditional bread while keeping your carbs in check.