My family’s favorite breakfast items are muffins.
They are a quick, easy, satisfying items to grab on the run for busy families. They are perfect for before school or on weekends when they want to get out and about on a morning adventure with the whole family.
Plus, can we all admit that muffins for breakfast are just a little bit like having dessert for breakfast? Especially sweet muffins, like these Keto Blackberry Muffins. But hey, not only are they keto…they’re loaded with fruit so there’s no reason to feel guilty at all!
When you adopt a keto diet, you are always looking for ways to satisfy your cravings for the traditional meals you are used to. Bread and muffins are the hardest items to substitute in your diet and not have cravings for these items or cheat with these items. There are lots of recipes out there for keto muffins and keto bread but most of the time I found myself disappointed…until now that is.
This Keto Blackberry Muffin recipe will make you say…. winner, winner, chicken dinner. Your kids will know how much you love them when you put these on your table for breakfast. They will love the special treat. These tasty little items are good for afternoon or evening snacks too.
Your kids will love these Keto Blackberry Muffins so much you may want to make a double batch from the start. They will make you feel like you are cheating on your keto lifestyle when you are not!
Breakfast has been one of the hardest parts of switching to keto. In addition to bread and muffins, it’s been a challenge to find keto breakfast recipes for things like cereal, pancakes, waffles, and all of the other breakfast comfort foods I loved before.
Besides eating these keto muffins for breakfast, they’re also an ideal after school snack or great to enjoy with a cup of coffee. I typically make a few extra batches and keep them in the freezer. If I’m invited to a brunch with friends, I just pull them out of the freezer and they’re good to go.
How To Make Keto Blackberry Muffins:
Step One: Use Cooking Spray or Grease for the inside of the cups of a muffin pan
Step Two: Set your oven to preheat to 350 degrees
Step Three: Add to a large mixing bowl the almond flour, erythritol (or another keto-friendly sweetener), and baking soda. Combine the three ingredients well in the bowl.
Step Four: Add to the dry ingredient mixture 2 beaten eggs, ½ teaspoon of vanilla, and 3 TBSP of melted butter.
Step Five: Mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
Step Six: Add to the batter 3 TBSP of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and mix.
Step Seven: Add 1/3 cup of blackberries, folding them gently into the batter mixture.
Note: you may want to cut up your berries a little bit if they are large, to be sure to get the blackberries throughout your batter.
Step Eight: Add batter to each of the 6 muffin cups, you will use approximately 2 TBSP of batter to fill the cups to ¾ of the way full.
Step Nine: Place muffin pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the muffins are browned and cooked all the way through. Let cool and serve your family for a yummy treat!!
Can I Use Other Types of Fruit in My Keto Blackberry Muffins?
Absolutely, you can use any low carb fruit in the Blackberry Muffin recipe. Some of my favorite substitutes are raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries.
Can I Freeze These Keto Muffins?
Yes, you can make these tasty muffins and freeze them for up to one month. These are super easy to make double and triple batches of and freeze them so you can have a quick breakfast item for your family or quick lunchtime snack.
What Other Ingredients I Can Add to Spice Up These Keto Muffins?
I love to play with my recipes and add additional items to give them a slightly different flavor profile. Some of my favorite additions to this muffin recipe are lemon juice or lemon zest. Just a little bit of lemon will add some additional fun flavor. I also love to add cinnamon to this recipe. Just a few teaspoons. Probably my most often added item is add all kinds of nuts. Just adding nuts to this recipe gives it a more robust flavor. Just be creative and ENJOY!!!
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Keto Blackberry Muffins are a quick, easy, satisfying items to grab on the run for busy families. They are perfect for before school or on weekends when want to get out and about on a morning adventure with the whole family.
- 1 ½ c. Almond flour
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- ½ c. Erythritol or other keto-friendly sweetener
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 3 tbsp. Melted butter
- ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ⅓ c. Blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the almond flour, erythritol and baking soda in a large bowl. If you do not have erythritol, you can substitute another granular keto-friendly sweetener of your choice.
- Pour in 2 beaten eggs.
- Add ½ teaspoon of vanilla.
- Mix in 3 tablespoons of melted butter. Blend all of the ingredients together well.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons of unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- Gently fold in ⅓ cup of blackberries. If your berries are large, you may want to cut them into a few pieces so that each muffin gets a good amount of berries in it.
- Grease the inside of the cups on a muffin pan.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the mixture into each of the muffin cups. This recipe should create enough batter to fill 6 muffin cups about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake the muffins for 20 minutes, or until the tops are browned and the muffins are cooked through.
3 net carb per serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 250Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 77mgSodium 162mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 4gSugar 2gProtein 8g
Don’t miss these other best keto dessert recipes:
- Keto Butter Cookies – These are perfect in all situations.
- Keto Pumpkin Pie – A keto-friendly dessert you can enjoy year-round!
- Keto Double Fudge Chocolate Brownies – Rich, gooey, and delicious! The perfect solution to your chocolate craving.
- Keto Peanut Butter Mousse – ready in just 5 minutes and is guaranteed to satiate your sweet tooth.